GINGER LILY ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: CO2 select (filtered) extract of the rhizome
Botanical name: Hedychium spicatum
Note: Also known as Kapur kachari, the oil is distilled from the white ginger lily.
Ginger Lily CO2 extract has a warm, tenacious aroma that instills a sense of vitality and life force. It is a powerful aphrodisiac for many.
Energetically, the aroma of Ginger Lily CO2 extract relieves sadness and depression. It brings these feelings to the surface, unlocks them, and allows them to release.
• Analgesic • Anti-asthmatic • Anti-bacterial • Anti-cancer • Anti-convulsive • Anti-emetic • Anti-fungal • Anti-inflammative • Anti-parasitic • Anti-sclerotic • Anti-spasmodic • Carminative • Decongestant: prostate • Digestive • Hepatic • Sedative: mild • Stimulant: circulatory • Vasodilator • Vulnerary: used for internal wounds
Internal–oral at homeopathic dosage, inhalation, diffusion
External–topical application, bath, massage, local compress, spinal compress, points & energy centers
Top Note: Warm, rich, floral, spicy, green, dry, resinous, slightly sweet notes
Heart Note: Spicy, woody, resinous notes
Base Note: Spicy, powdery, woody, sweet notes
Classification: Heart note of fixative
Ginger lily CO2 extract is used in spice blends, precious woods notes, oriental perfumes, heavy florals, incense, and sacred perfumes. It blends well with many oils and absolutes, especially florals and attars.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Ginger Lily CO2 extract carries the ability to help clear cholesterol from the arteries and keep the blood flowing to the heart, and other vital organs. It should be blended with pine, ginger, birch, or cypress, and applied as a chest compress for this purpose.
It relieves nausea and vomiting, and its antioxidant properties help prevent the formation of cancerous cells. It is also a strong antibacterial, and its effectiveness has been established against a number of bacterial species.
Some herbalists use the extract for eye infection (must be extremely diluted, then wiped over a closed eyelid).
It is also widely used to eliminate dandruff by adding it to shampoo or a hair rinse.
Ginger Lily CO2 extract is a vasodilator. It can help lower blood pressure and improve circulation. It is a good choice to help regenerate legs and feet that have lost circulation, and should be combined with some other oils for this purpose. Some great choices include oregano, lemongrass, goldenrod, pine, and pink grapefruit.
• Avoid use with blood thinning drugs.
• Do not use with infants or small children.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.