DALMATION SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. Violetglass bottle
Botanical Name: Slavia officianalis "Alviflora"
Method: Steam distilled from leaves
Dalmatian Sage essential oil improves depression, exhaustion, and grief. Inhaling it can stimulate the memory, bringing up old memories that were forgotten.
Energetically, sage strengthens our spiritual connection, and enhances communication on a spiritual plane. This is why many cultures in North and South Americas have used it to cleanse and purify, and prepare for ceremonies and rituals.
Dalmatian Sage essential oil purifies the human energy field and the environment of negativity.
It has an affinity for the navel, solar plexus, and heart centers.
• Analgesic • Antibacterial • Anti-cancer • Anti-fungal • Anti-inflammatory • Antioxidant • Antiseptic • Antisclerotic • Anti-sudorific • Anti-viral • Astringent • Decongestant • Depurative • Deodorant • Digestive • Emenogogue • Estrogenic • Expectorant • Nervine
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosage, inhalation
External--topical application, massage, local or spinal compress, bath, energy centers and meridian points
Top Note: Fresh, warm, camphoraceous, resinous, green, herbaceous
Heart Note: Camphoraceous, resinous, green, herbaceous, woody
Base Note: Warm, resinous, spicy
Classification: Top or heart note
In natural perfumery, Dalmatian sage essential oil is used in making fougeres, colognes, herbal notes, chypres, men’s aromas, and sacred perfumes and incenses. It combines well with many oils including basil, bay leaf, citronella, davana, grapefruit, mastic, palo santo, rhododendron.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
There are many species of sage that have been used medicinally around the world since ancient times. Dalmatian Sage essential oil is made from the garden variety of sage, often used in cooking.
It has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects, and is a very effective massage oil due to its pain relieving properties - including muscles, joints, connective tissue injuries, arthritis, and lower back pain.
Dalmation Sage is also effective for easing the effects of PMS and menopausal symptoms. It has hormone balancing effects on the endocrine system, and can help relieve all kinds of menstrual complaints, including painful periods, menstrual cramps, and mood swings.
It also relieves depression and grief, and when diffused, purifies the energetic environment. It is often burned in Native American ritual to purify the air and energy field around the participants, and to clarify the spiritual connection to the source.
• Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
• Do not use with infants and small children.
• Avoid use with pregnant or lactating mothers, sage can dry up the milk supply.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.