Petit Sur Fleurs
PETITGRAIN SUR FLEURS ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. Violet glass bottle
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
Method: Steam distillation from leaves and flowers
Note: This oil is only available from one source, and not produced every year. This oil carries the healing properties similar to other petitgrains, including combava petitgrain, mandarin petitgrain, and lemon petitgrain.
Petitgrain sur fleurs essential oil has sedative and anti-depressant properties. It is an ideal oil for calming nerves and soothing emotions. It is especially effective for helping to relieve anger and panic.
It is a wonderful perfume for women, as inhaling it relieves PMS and menopausal symptoms.
• Anti-bacterial • Anti-depressant • Anti-emetic • Anti-infectious • Anti-inflammatory • Anti-septic • Anti-spasmodic • Anti-viral • Cardiotonic • Deodorant • Emollient • Hepatic • Nervine • Relaxant: muscles • Sedative • Stimulant: circulatory, immune
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External--topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Top note: Elegant, delicate, ethereal, floral notes
Heart note: Floral, delicate spicy notes
Base note: Floral, green, leafy, herby, woody notes
In natural perfumery, petitgrain sur fleurs essential oil is used in colognes, high class florals, chypres, fougeres, and herbaceous perfumes.
It blends very well with citrus essential oils as well as cabreuva, lavender, and geranium.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Regular petitgrain essential oil is distilled from the leaves of Citrus aurantium. This rare and beautiful petitgrain sur fleurs essential oil is made from leaves co-distilled with the flowers of the tree, giving it an aroma not unlike neroli, at a much more moderate cost than true neroli flower oil.
It tones the skin, treating both oily and dry skin conditions, including acne. It is a strong antiviral, antibacterial, and immune stimulant.
It is beautiful for diffusing into the air. It has been shown to inhibit the growth of staph, strep, and pneumococcus bacteria.
It has been used in the treatment of hepatitis, as an internal remedy, with proper dilution.
Petitgrain sur fleurs is an effective treatment for insomnia, restricted breathing, rapid heartbeat, and stomach pain. In the bath, it will calm the spirit as it relaxes the body and releases muscular tension. It is a fine choice for spinal compresses.
Petitgrain has antispasmodic properties, soothing and releasing muscle spasm.
• Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
• Not recommended to use with infants or small children. It is very cooling and can be a shock to their undeveloped nervous systems. For colic relief or other digestive issues in small children, try a highly diluted form of anise or caraway.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.