BITTER ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml. Violet glass bottle
Source: Ivory Coast
Distillation process: Cold-pressed from non-certified organic peels of the fruit
Botanical name: Citrus aurantium “Amara”
Bitter Orange essential oil can enhance mental clarity. Inhaling it can help balance self love and love of others, and increase compassion, relieving emotional stagnation associated with the heart.
Energetically, Bitter Orange essential oil brings harmony between the personality and the soul’s purpose for incarnation. When inhaling it, one can open to see new perspectives and new choices that are available.
• Antibacterial • Anticoagulant • Anti-toxic • Anti-viral • Blood Sugar Balancer • Cardiotonic • Carminative • Cholagogue • Choleretic • Digestive • Emollient • Expectorant • Febrifuge • Hypotensor • Lipolytic • Nervine • Regenerative: skin • Sedative • Stimulant: Hormone production, Lymphatic and Circulatory systems • Tonic: Endocrine • Vasoconstrictor
External–topical application, massage, skin applications, cosmetics, bath, local or spinal compress, application to energy centers and meridian points
Top note: Soft, warm, sweet, slightly pungent, citrus, floral notes
Heart Note: Sweet, citrus, delicate balsamic notes
Classification: Top note
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Also called Seville orange, or orange bigarade, this Bitter Orange essential oil is cold-pressed from the rough, thick peels of the fruit. It can help strengthen arteries and veins, when applied topically on a regular basis. It is cooling, calming, and balancing to the nervous system; and, has laxative properties.
It is also a superior addition to skin preparations for treating acne, oily skin, cellulite, and degenerated skin. Applying it topically increases collagen formation. Bitter Orange essential oil has been used with other oils to treat tumors and cancer. It is also known to balance hormone production and adrenaline in the blood.
• Avoid using within 24 hours of exposure to sunlight or UV light. It can be photosensitizing to some people.
• Store out of the reach of children.
• Do not get essential oils in eyes.
• Pet information: Cats may not respond well to conifer oils and citrus oils. Avoid usage for cats.
The information on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your physician and do your research before using these products. All information is provided for educational purposes and should not be viewed as health claims.