WHITE FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Source: USA or Austria
Distillation: Artisan distilled by steam distillation, from wild needles, stems, and wood
Botanical name: Abies concolor
The white fir tree can live between 300 and 500 years. It carries within its being the wisdom of a long lived species.
Inhaling White Fir essential oil can help us relax into the present moment, while keeping our connection to the long term view. It encourages the release of any emotional attachments that do not serve in the current time of our lives.
The white fir aroma is uplifting and celebratory, great for diffusing in your home during the Holiday Season, or any time you wish to bring an uplifting energy in.
• Analgesic • Anti-bacterial • Anti-infectious • Anti-septic • Anti-spasmodic • Anti-tussive • Astringent • Cicatrizant • Deodorant • Detoxifier: lymph system • Expectorant • Laxative • Mucolytic • Stimulant: immune system • Vermifuge • Vulnerary
Internal–oral homeopathic doses only, inhalation, diffusion
External--topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Top Note: Soft, green, coniferous, resinous notes
Heart Note: Green, sweet, nutty, woody, balsamic notes
Base Note: Woody, balsamic, resinous notes
Classification: Heart note
In natural perfumery, it is used in making colognes, forest notes, evergreen aromas, and fougeres.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
White Fir has a history of medicinal use among many Native American tribes of the southwest. It has been used as a tea or decoction. The sap (resin) has been applied as a wound dressing and even to fill tooth cavities.
The aromatic properties of white fir boost the immune system. Inhaling the essential oil can relieve symptoms from respiratory infections, flu, staph, bronchitis, rhinitis, and coughing.
White fir stimulates cleansing of the lymphatic system, has a balancing effect on the endocrine system, and is a laxative when taken internally (at the proper dilution rate).
It is a superb essential oil for kidney and bladder issues, helping to dissolve stones, and clearing the urinary system of infection.
Suggested Use for This Purpose
Add 1-2 drops of White Fir essential oil into a quart of water, and sip on it throughout the day.
• Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
• Safe for use during pregnancy.
• Avoid use with infants and small children.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.