MELISSA ESSENTIAL OIL
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial (picture shows 5 ml. size)
Distillation: Steam distilled from organically grown leaves
Botanical Name: Melissa officianalis
Note: Certified organic
Rare and beautiful Melissa essential oil is a lovely aromatic. When inhaled, it relieves fear, shock, grief, anger, and hysteria. It helps relieve anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
Energetically, it helps to assimilate and resolve past life influences, increasing one’s understanding and acceptance. Melissa essential oil has an affinity for the heart and solar plexus energy centers.
• Anti-allergic • Anti-bacterial • Anti-convulsive • Anti-emetic • Anti-depressant • Anti-inflammatory • Anti-histamine • Anti-septic • Anti-spasmodic • Anti-viral • Aperitive • Cardiotonic • Carminative • Choleretic • Diaphoretic • Digestive • Emmenagogue • Febrifuge • Galactagogue • Hypotensive • Nervine • Sedative • Stomachic • Sudorific • Tonic • Vulnerary
Internal–oral, inhalation, suppository
External–topical application, bath, massage, local or spinal compress, application to energy centers and meridian points
Top note: Complex, rich, fresh, green, herbaceous, tangy, citrus aroma
Heart Note: Sweet, honey like note
Base Note: Citrus, sweet notes
Classification: Heart note
Melissa essential oil blends well with many oils, including African bluegrass, lavender, mandarin, petitigrain, palmarosa, thyme, and yellow mandarin.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Also known as lemon balm, this plant yields very minute quantities of oil. This contributes to the high price of genuine, authentic Melissa essential oil.
It is a powerful anti-viral. It blends well with ravensare or foraha for eliminating viral skin outbreaks such as herpes, shingles, and chicken pox. It can bring great relief from the symptoms of viral infections, including the flu.
It is also an anti-convulsive, helping to relieve seizures, headaches, and migraines for some people.
It is a great cardiovascular strengthener, slowing and stabilizing the heart, and lowering blood pressure when applied to the chest or spine. It is also a pain reliever.
It regenerates the liver, and helps resolve gall bladder issues. It can be taken internally, one drop in a cup of warm water, to relieve gall bladder attacks. Taken regularly over time, it helps to heal and regenerate these organs.
True Melissa essential oil is very rare. Most Melissa essential oil on the market has been adulterated with other oils or extenders, evidenced by cheaper prices. Ours is guaranteed to contain only pure genuine Melissa essential oil, hand distilled by the finest artisans.
• Generally recognized as safe in normal dosage.
• Avoid use while pregnant or lactating.
• Avoid use with small children or infants.
• Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
• Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
• All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.